1:1 IN-PERSON MENTORING
Lecturer: Daniela Ursache
Duration: 8 hours
Time: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Find a mentor – someone to guide you, who can give you honest feedback and challenge you to become a better photographer and artist. To become the best version of yourself it is very important to not let a single day pass by without learning something new. That’s why investing in education is the best gift you can make for yourself. Learning from someone else’s experience, from their mistakes is truly invaluable and a privilege.
Newborn photography is a branch of photography that is growing every day. Its characteristics are learned through experience and a lot of work. For me, a mentor not only inspires you to better yourself, but also teaches you how to work towards it.
I have learned a great deal through hard work and many mistakes. This is why I created a mentoring program that can add value to your experience through the insights I’ve received during my career.
Through this mentoring program, I would most like to give you inspiration for your next photo session. At the end of the day it is very important for me to have that special feeling that you are excited to experience something that you’ve just learned. That’s what I want. I simply want you to think about how you can take the perfect picture in any illumination condition and be confident in positioning newborns.
Your energy in photographing newborns is very important, so I would love to help you create a balance between work and personal life, to talk about how you can build the business that you dreamed of, while enjoying life. I want to stay by your side when you feel unmotivated or uninspired and tell you how I manage myself to get over these moments.
During the mentoring session, we will spend a whole day together (10.00 – 18.00). We will have two babies as our models and you will be able to use the resulting images in your portfolio. The agenda of the day is set to include all the basic information you require, but if needed, I will adapt to your learning needs and we will focus on what you need and want to learn.
- Photo session preparation
- Prop and wardrobe selection
- Camera settings
- Natural light vs. Studio Light
- Wrapping techniques
- How to get best angles for prop shots
- How to get many looks from one set up
- Beanbag posing
- Easy Transitioning
- How to get best angles for beanbag shots
- Newborn safety
- Parents preparation
- Post Processing
- You will be able to take photos and use them for your portfolio
- You will receive the Photoshop Actions that I created and that I work with
- 10:00 am – Introduction, Photo session preparation, Camera settings;
- 10:30 am – The first model arrival
- 1:00 pm – Break for Lunch
- 2:00 pm – The second model arrival
- 4:30 pm – Hands-on practice with StandInBaby posing doll and portfolio analysis
- 5:30 pm – Post Processing
- 6:00 pm – Hugs and farewell
- DSLR or Mirrorless camera which you must know how to operate in full manual
- 50mm or 35mm prime lens
- laptop (optional)
- ipad or a notebook (to write down what is more important)
50% DEPOSIT, Full price